RBC began in 1941 as a mission outreach to the south side of Winston-Salem by a group of nine local Baptist churches. After meeting for several years in two temporary locations nearby, the members built the building which is the current Fellowship Hall, and held their first worship service there on the first Sunday of May 1946. The congregation started as an independent Baptist church and has remained so throughout its history, never joining with any conventions or associations. Over the years God has grown the facilities and members of RBC. The current auditorium was constructed in the late 1950s and the Education Building followed in the early 1970s. RBC is still known across the city for its excellent Day Care and Elementary School, which has served countless Winston-Salem families from the late 1960s until the mid 1990s. Remarkably, RBC has been led by only eight pastors in our 72+ years, two of whom still serve today, a tribute to God’s grace to and through His people. Our church family is a beautiful illustration of diversity in unity: people of all ages, cultures, experiences, occupations, interests, gifts, etc ... drawn together by common faith in Jesus as Lord and Christ.